Re: [LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

From: Ricardus Vincente <wizardofgosz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 16 2010 - 00:55:14 EET

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 17:51 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:

> if so, they appear to have wiped google (and wikipedia) clean too.
> there is no record that i can find of zimmerman ever spending time in
> prison for PGP.

 I have seen Phil speak on the topic of encryption twice, have
corresponded with him many times, and was a very early PGP user back in
my MSDOS days, and I have no knowledge of him ever having served any
jail time due to PGP.

 He was under investigation for many years, he was harassed at airports,
and I'm sure the stress levels took years off his life, but he never did
jail time.

 Best,
 Ricardus...