[LAD] Identify Peek in Drum Samples

From: Oliver Jaun <olijaun@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 20 2010 - 11:27:23 EET

Hello

I bought the natural drum samples (http://www.naturaldrum.com/). It contains
WAVs and presets for Kontakt and Halion. Now I'd like to create some gigasampler
files in order to use it with linuxsampler.

The documentation of the natural drum sample library is quite good. The only
thing missing is the "loudness" of each sample in order to map each sample to a
velocity level from 0-127.

What would you recommend in order to calculate the "peek" of each drum sample
automatically? Is there a library which could do this? I would also be happy
with a command line tool like this:

$ peek bla.wav
Peek value: 12345

I could then write a C++-App using libgig.
Any ideas? Libraries? Algorithms?

Thanks!
Oliver