Re: [LAD] Fwd: Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

From: Sascha Schneider <ungleichklang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 10:02:43 EET

2011/1/3 Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>:
> Hi,
>>>
>>> Alsa Modular,
>>> is this one still under development??
>>
> Yes, its still maintained, changes are more evolutionary rather then
> revolutionary.
>
> Have you checked out Minicomputer?
> http://minicomputer.sourceforge.net/

This one is really nice, actually does the sound for the music I want to create.
Now I yust have to learn C++, understand the engine in C, understand
DSSI and off we go ;)

> although its still not polyphon and no midi learning. I would love to
> develope a plugin version of it but I am not sure about which format to go.
> LV2 seems the right one but its convoluted and I am uncertain about support
> in hosts at this point of time.

I don't know how hard this is once this synth is a DSSI plugin, but I think
4 or 8 voice polyphony and monotimbral would be enough.

> Devs are needed indeed.

I do my best to get my skills up to a usable level.

regards, Sascha