Re: [LAD] Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

From: Sascha Schneider <ungleichklang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 06 2011 - 09:57:50 EET

Hi Loki,

2011/1/6 Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM, Sascha Schneider
> <ungleichklang@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> inspired by a plan of a german onlinemag called amazona.de
>> I came up with the idea that a virtual analogue opensource softsynth
>> nativly running on Linux
>> would be really nice. (a nice filterbank too, but thats another thing)
>> Amazona planned a complete synth based on userpolls (only in german, sorry):
>> http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26&file=2&article_id=3191
>> which is now realized as vst: (only german, too)
>> http://www.amazona.de/index.php?page=26&file=2&article_id=3202
>>
>> I know that Zynaddsubfx/yoshimi has a really strong soundengine and I
>> asked myself,
>> if it would be possible to take this engine or the DSSI-API and build
>> a polyphonic softsynth
>> with a nice UI like the new calf plugins or guitarix, a bit like the
>> loomer aspect, with some discoDSP,
>> a bit from the Tyrell or the Roland Gaia SH-01 with midilearn, ......
>>
>> The problem I have are my programming skills, that are not good enough
>> to code this kind of software
>> by myself.
>>
>> Are there some LAD's willing to join/take/realise this idea??
>> If there is interest I could translate the ideas of amazona.de and we
>> all could share our visions for a
>> new kind of controllable virtual analogue softsynth.
>>
>> kind regards, saschas
>>

> You do have the required skills, just need to choose the right tool.

Actually that is my problem, my terrain till now was more in
Webdevelopment - CMS-CRM, custom modules
I did Java and Python, mainly object oriented.
Most synth apps I see in Linux are coded in C, at least the engine,
and stuff like pointers really don't fit into my brain .. might be my
age ...

> User Ingen. It is far too awesome to describe in simple words. :)
> http://drobilla.net/blog/software/ingen/

I will have a look at that ...
> Loki

regards, Sascha