Re: [LAD] Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

From: Jeremy <jeremybubs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 08 2011 - 12:07:48 EET

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Jens M Andreasen
<jens.andreasen@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 01:57 -0500, Jeremy wrote:
>
> > Also if you're looking for a channel stealing algorithm, try this:
> > the type of a synth engine is "synth"
>
> > typedef struct _synthblock {
> > _synthblock* next;
> > _synthblock* previous;
> > synth item;
> > } synthblock;
>

> What is a "synthblock" here? Is that what is otherwise refered to as a
> "voice" (complete with 2 oscillators, envelopes and filter.)

Sorry, I'm not experienced with all the terminology. In this case a "synth"
would be a voice, and a synthblock is simply a voice with some added
book-keeping data. It is essentially just a node of a linked list. It's
just weird, because sometimes it behaves as a singly linked list, and
sometimes it behaves as a doubly linked list.

Jeremy