Re: [LAD] Advice sought on project hosting and version control

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2011 - 16:19:37 EET

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, drew Roberts wrote:

> Anyone using git and Gitorious for this? (I have no experience with
> git really but would be willing to learn it for the purposes of this
> project if it makes sense.)

Git totally rocks. Just do it.

Gitorious is very good. It's simple, so all you get is code
hosting. I wish it had some manner of bug tracker
integration.

repo.or.cz is good. It's also just git.

Github is a more full-featured option.

I wouldn't reccomend assembla.

The guys at Mixxx use bzr on launchpad. Launchpad has
really goot code-to-bug-tracker integration, and that's why
they chose (and stick with) it. However, bzr is a dog.

-gabriel