Re: [LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2011 - 02:34:29 EET

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 06:47:10PM -0500, David Robillard wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 21:39 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:20:44AM +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> [...]
> > > "This is an error that any DSP student is allowed to make once".
> >
> > This is absolutely true for the one I referred to.
>
> As absolutely true as when I say the obviously terrible software
> architecture / design decisions that come out of certain DSP heads
> are... well, obvious terrible to anyone who actually knows what they are
> doing in that field?

That could very well be the case.

With N >= 1000:
There are some things I know about, N times more things I'm
interested in, know a little about and want to learn more,
and again N times more I don't know anything about. That's
life.

Now I'm here, I do have a question. And please just take it
for what it is and don't look for anything behind it as there
isn't anything.

How did you arrive at the name 'ingen' ?

This evening I happened to stumble on an episode of 'Midsommer
Murders', a famous English detective TV series, on Youtube.
Strangely enough it had Swedish (I think) subtitles. From which
I learned that 'ingen' is Swedish for 'no, nobody, nothing' or
similar...

Again, that's not meant to be a comment on your program, just
curious.

Ciao,

--
FA