Re: [LAD] RDF libraries, was Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2011 - 21:29:14 EET

On 02/25/2011 08:15 PM, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> 2011/2/25 Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>:
>>> Olivier++
>>>
>>> Android or...?
>> Yep :)
>
> Is there something I could take a look at?

Oh, well, I've only done some research so far. I have a closed source Android
audio app which could act as a plugin host.

It's a few months ago now that I investigated LV2. IIRC, at that time I
concluded that this wasn't an option because SLV2 was GPL'ed. But things are
changing IIUC :)

The thing about Android is that third-party plugins should be rather feasible.
There are simple mechanisms which could easily allow a host to discover which
plugins are installed on the system. Such plugins could be distributed as
standalone packages (APK) on the Android Market.

There are a couple of security issues with linking about a third-party .so though.

--
  Olivier