Re: [LAD] RDF libraries, was Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2011 - 21:57:20 EET

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 20:29 +0100, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
> On 02/25/2011 08:15 PM, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> >> Yep :)
> >
> > Is there something I could take a look at?
>
> Oh, well, I've only done some research so far. I have a closed source Android
> audio app which could act as a plugin host.
>
> It's a few months ago now that I investigated LV2. IIRC, at that time I
> concluded that this wasn't an option because SLV2 was GPL'ed. But things are
> changing IIUC :)

You never asked. I would have changed it... but I am not psychic ;)

I am planning on making the next release LGPLv3+

> The thing about Android is that third-party plugins should be rather feasible.
> There are simple mechanisms which could easily allow a host to discover which
> plugins are installed on the system. Such plugins could be distributed as
> standalone packages (APK) on the Android Market.

I have an android device; I havn't done any hacking for it yet (aside
from making web UIs intended to be usable on such devices), but would
very much like to see LV2 working there. Mobile is where all the action
is...

-dr