Re: [LAD] RDF libraries, was Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2011 - 20:32:57 EET

On 02/26/2011 07:18 PM, David Robillard wrote:

> I'm more in to shrinking the actual runtime memory overhead to the
> absolute bare minimum than shrinking the code. I have roughly infinity
> more useful things to do than pretending <100k libraries are bloated :)

Oddly, on most Android devices you actually have plenty of RAM to work with,
especially in native code where the Java maximum heap size do not apply.
Memory's not a bottleneck.

I wasn't saying that libraries <100k are bloated. So far, I had the impression
that we were in the order hundreds of kilobytes, which is too much for plugin
support in an app, when you think about it as a whole, which means codecs and
other deps.

> Replacing glib, it seems, is the main and by far most significant thing
> that needs doing to get a very small embedded appropriate limitation.
> The code size of my new libraries, IMO, is well within reasonable limits
> for anything that would use LV2 plugins.

All these changes sound very good to me.

--
  Olivier