Re: [LAD] RDF libraries, was Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2011 - 21:10:05 EET

On 02/26/2011 07:37 PM, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> 2011/2/26 Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>:

>>> So it turns out it depends on how long you want to wait, or rather if
>>> you would consider giving some help, and what you want to do with LV2.

>> What kind of help would you need?
>
> There are several departments. :-)
>
> I've enumerated above the stuff missing from NASPRO core, then SLV2
> should use it, and that would probably be a good part of the work
> already.

Hmm, I will first try and learn more about NASPRO, compile it on Android, and
see if I can get it to work with SLV2 for LADSPA plugins.

> I plan to develop a DSP language and compiler that generates LV2
> plugins. Also in this case, a prototype is already in place (look for
> "Permafrost" on the NASPRO website - no easy-to-read language
> documentation yet, and both the syntax and the compiler have to be
> redone, but I may get resources - time and moeny - to do this pretty
> soon).
>
> Then, there are some plugins I more or less did (but not released
> yet). It's guitar fx stuff, however, so I don't know how they could be
> used in Android (ideas?).

There are many musicians using my app, and amongst them many guitarists. I think
they're mainly the ones who requested effects. You could provide your plugins as
standalone packages on the android market. My app could be the first host, but
there could be many other hosts in the future, if it's documented and easy.

I'll be happy to discuss more about this next week. Now, I need to go.

Thanks for the great discussion!

Cheers

--
  Olivier