Re: [LAD] RDF libraries, was Re: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 26 2011 - 20:44:53 EET

On 02/26/2011 07:28 PM, David Robillard wrote:

>> Heh :) Well, right now, I'm more wondering about what ui:AndroidUi could be.
>
> I think browser UI is definitely the way to go. Then it's a UI for
> basically anything, and one that's inherently remote control capable.
>
> I have a few ideas knocking around in the back of my head about simple
> dynamic RAD for web based plugin GUIs...

Browser UI is too much overhead IMO. I've had many Android devices in my hands.
Some of them are fast, some of them lag terribly. You need to optimize as much
as you can, and thus avoid extra layers such as a browser, javascript, and all that.

Also, for really nice Android plugin UIs, the use of OpenGL could be great. It
provides a great frame rate, suitable for fancy realtime frequency curves,
waveforms, etc..

But all this need some careful research.

> I just dropped explicit LADSPA support from Ingen in favour of NASPRO.
> IMO, if the bridge is inadequate, then the bridge should be fixed, so
> I'm investing in NASPRO, so to speak, so hopefully it remains a vibrant
> project :)

I am really glad to read that this gap between LADSPA and LV2 is about to disappear.

>>From a host author POV, it's pretty awesome to implement a single plugin
> API and get full-featured support for (possibly) all the plugin APIs for
> free...

I completely agree with that. Especially when you also mention 20k ;)

--
  Olivier