[LAD] Litmus RT kernel

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 17:17:17 EET

hi all,

I just came across this:
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~anderson/litmus-rt/index.html. From the site:

The LITMUSRT project is a soft real-time extension of the Linux kernel with
> focus on multiprocessor real-time scheduling and synchronization. The Linux
> kernel is modified to support the sporadic task model and modular scheduler
> plugins. Both partitioned and global scheduling is supported.

It seems their latest patch is against 2.6.36. I realize this is not a plug
and play alternative to Ingo's work by any means, but I was wondering if
anyone more knowledgeable has some insight into what exactly the Litmus
kernel may offer...

-michael