Re: [LAD] engine, validation, ui separation,

From: Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 13:54:08 EET

2011/3/4 James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>:
> But if the job of validation is down to the UI, the engine can be more
> efficient.

The current LV2 spec says that the plugin's "engine" should validate
its inputs anyway... IIRC, there is a draft/experimental extension
that allows the host to specify that it will take care of that, but I
haven't seen it used yet (and probably it should be that way until it
gets "serious enough").

However, I have no idea whether how much performance gain you would
obtain from that and/or if it allows to do stuff that you can't do
now.

In my (admittedly limited) experience in developing LV2 plugins, it
shouldn't be much of a problem.

Stefano