[LAD] QT3 and KDE3 removal in Debian

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 18:16:45 EET

Hi!

I guess this could be important for some of you:

Debian is currently dropping QT3 and KDE3 from unstable. This in turn
means that apps depending on those libs either need to be ported to
QT4/KDE4 or will also be removed.

As always, saying Debian sooner or later also means Ubuntu and
derivatives.

Of course, all software remains installable from squeeze (current
release) for the next few years (let me lie: 5?).

I know that fmit and creox use QT3, probably some other audio software,
too.

The creox author has no time for porting, so if somebody feels bored or
is looking for a little project, you might want to consider this.

Cheers

--
mail: adi@email-addr-hidden  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver