Re: [LAD] Good Mixer Library

From: Conrad Berhörster <conrad.berhoerster@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2011 - 22:47:48 EEST

Hi Gerald,

Op den Sünnavend 26 März 2011 Klock 18:13:09 hett Gerald Mwangi schreven:
> Hi, I'm messing arround with the source of TerminatorX. As it seems, tX
> needs a total rewright of the mixer and the audio backend.
> Since many programs (Ardour, Qtracktor) have built mixers, I was
> wondering from which project I could 'borrow' the mixer component.
> I need a mixermodel which is strictly C++, which idealy has jack support
> built in, possibly multithreaded, GUI-Independant and easy to handle.
> I started to wright my own mixermodel, but then I thought how stupid it
> is to reinvent the wheel. It would really be nice something like a
> libmixer with jack, lv2, ladspa and VST support.
> Gerald

i have lurked on this. My focus was lying on platform independendness.
i think, before you start borrowing some code and integrate that into your tX,
think about using an existing lib.
I haven't looked into every lib in detail, so i don't know if all your
requirements are integrated, but here is my list.

- SDL
- libremix
- audiere
- audiality
- irrklang
- caudio
- openAL
- tritium
- allegro
- clam
- cmt
- rtaudio
- portaudio /portmixer
- stk

i think, audiere was the best one for my requirements. Let me know, what you
are missing in detail . Maybe i can help with some code.

bye c~