Re: [LAD] Good Mixer Library

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 03:20:10 EEST

Hello,

On Thursday, March 31, 2011 04:25:45 pm Conrad Berhörster
wrote:
> Hi gerald,
>
> Op den Middeweken 30 März 2011 Klock 09:45:16 hett Gerald
Mwangi schreven:
> > Thanx all, tritium looks very much like my own
> > preliminary design. One question, does it mask JACK so
> > that I only have to use the Tritium API (only
> > JACK-Audio, not Midi)?

Well, yes and no. :-) Tritium is very modular (and
becoming more so).

For example, the Tritium::MixerImpl class we talked about --
it just manages and mixes buffers. It doesn't directly
interface to any audio API's. The audio API's are pretty
modular, but not quite ready for "general purpose" use.

Meanwhile Tritium::Engine sets up the whole sequencer engine
and takes care of JACK for you... but that's not what you
want.

> > I also don't see any support for Inserts/plugins in the
> > channel class. Am I wrong?

At the moment it's handled like an old mixer board where you
have 4 send/returns and you mix in each channel to go to it.
This is inherited from Hydrogen, and I haven't decided if I
want to do per-channel pre/post insers.

> i think, tritium is a little bit to big for your needs.

Too big? I disagree.
Too immature? Yes, indeed! :-)

> further , it depends on QT,

It only depends on QtCore and QtXml... which isn't /that/
bad. :-)

> has all this midi stuff an
> lots of song/player logic.

...which can be omitted if you application doesn't use it.

-gabriel