Re: [LAD] Good Mixer Library

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 01 2011 - 07:32:44 EEST

On 04/01/2011 12:17 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> So, we don't have to dress it up in a cuddly bear suit and drive it around
>> in a secure vehicle?
>>
>> It's entirely appropriate to have it out in the open for everyone to discuss
>> without fearing the wrath of vengeance from the angry mob of fervant
>> religious believers?
>>
> this is a development list without any sacred cows. anything is up for
> sacrifice. why this absurd run-around? if you can't handle the
> "fervent religious believers" why even make allusions to whatever
> program you're referring to in the first place?
>
> there's scarcely a program in the linux audio pantheon that couldn't
> be replaced by something much better. so have it ...

I am just not sure that I can get away with discussing the topic in the
open due to the possibility of being struck down by the almighty power
of on high or bringing disrespect to those who are believers in the
sacrosanct nature of the reigning King of Kings.

Even by discussing the Taboo subject in this jovial way there is a high
likelihood of fractures forming in the community of one camp against the
other and it is possible there will be a spork at some point with
nipples instead of knobs for controlling the associated LV2 plugins jack
midi parameters and possibly the invention of a whole new Distributed
Integrated Master Session(DIMS) API just to prove the point.

:-)

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.