Re: [LAD] [LAU] cancelling I/O with libsndfile

From: Dan Muresan <danmbox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2011 - 09:57:43 EEST

> You need to supply me with a small test program and if necessary
> this broken FLAC file.

1. Rather hard to do at the moment -- not the least because the
brokenness is injected via the vio layer.

2. Why? This was not a bug report. This was an API *clarification
request*. sndfile doesn't claim to support reset-by-seek (though I
wrongly assumed it would), and you yourself said "maybe not on FLAC",
"This is not possible on all file types" etc.

Now, do you consider such behavior to be a bug (i.e. did you intend to
support reset-by-seek)? If so, I will try to create a broken FLAC
file, take out the vio layer, put it back if the bug disappears etc.
until I get a minimal reproducing test-case -- time permitting.

-- Dan