Re: [LAD] RAUL?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2011 - 22:41:57 EET

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:20:11AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:

> The GPL still has teeth. However if this reseller is using the profits to
> fund improvements and/or bug fixing, AND those patches are being
> contributed back, then I have no huge moral problems with it. It may
> resemble a wine vs crossover thing, if you want the latest, buy crossover.
> If wine will run your app, that is ok too.

I just stopped counting the number of times I've been asked to
change the license of some of my code from GPL to LGPL 'so we
can use it in our product'. There seem to be a lot of people
around who just think it's perfectly OK to make money by using
work of others without paying them. The latest was just a few
weeks ago, MikrosImage <www.mikrosimage.eu>. I offered them a
commercial license at a price that would have been peanuts to
them. Result: not even a reply. They are probably using my code
now anyway.

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.