Re: [LAD] RAUL?

From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2011 - 03:11:45 EET

Le Wed, 16 Nov 2011 21:40:56 +0300,
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@gmail.com> a écrit :

> "One of the principal problem with capitalism is
> that the goal is the economy itself. So, in practice, the society
> doesn't have any goal and our work doesn't have any meaning, at the
> exception of archiving a goal that is not a goal but a tool."
>
> Actually, this is something I can relate to. I don't know if you can
> say it is about religion, but it is about looking at life from other
> than a purely financial point of view.

It is more than just a financial POV. It is about exploitation.
Exploitation of each other and exploitation of the natural resources.

Exploitation is the contrary of respect. In a normal human society,
human beings will respect each other and respect the environment they
are living into. In ours, we are exploiting each others and the natural
resources. And not only that, we are also turning all the natural
resources we touch in sources of pollution, and that at a very
alarming rate.

For what? for the money, but not only. It is also about power, power on
other human beings.

In a society, it is morally impossible to exploit his fellow. It is
necessary for it to degrade him to an inferior status in advance. If we
take a look at history, capitalism is one system of exploitation among
others. It is an historic continuity of such systems of society,
continuity that begin with the antiquity. During this period of history
appear simultaneously trade, organized warfare, and the religions of
domination.

At the same period, the women loose their social status and
they take revenge: the corollary of the warrior appeared in history,
the cuckold is born. -:)

All the religions of domination do have dogmas that make possible to
create artificial hierarchies. The things become good or evil by
nature, or yin or yang by nature, when in fact things just are. Point.

But we have the choice. We can take stones and build a house, or we can
take the same stones and launch them on our fellows. In both cases the
stones just are, and we make a good action in the first case, a bad one
in the second.

Also, when things just are, it is not possible to make a moral
hierarchy between them, because they all are on the same level. But
when things are yin or yang, or good or evil, we can make 2 supernatural
hierarchies:

The first one between the gods, the men and the rest of the creation.
It is the moral justification of the blind exploitation of our natural
resources and their systematic transformation into sources of
pollution.

The second one is between the human beings, some become more closer to
the gods than the other. It is the moral justification of all kinds of
racism and exploitation.

Those dogmas do have another inhuman dimension: their unchanging
nature. Only the gods can change this Order of Things during the
apocalypse (the bible version), or a reborn into another life
(confucianism version). In other words: Sheep you are. Sheep you will
remain even after being sheared to the bone.

If I take a close look at history, and especially at the history of the
religions, I just cannot separate the fight against exploitation from
the fight against its moral justification: the dogmas of the organized
religions. I also thing that, if we don't eradicate the moral
justification of exploitation, the only one change we will be
able to realize is to replace one more time a society of exploitation
by another kind of society of exploitation. Religion must become,
like before the antiquity, a personal affair. For that to be
possible, the human beings must be aware of their true transcendental
nature. That is just the ability to define our own goals, here and now,
and to work for their achievement.

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."