Re: [LAD] jack transport change accuracy for looping

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2011 - 05:19:06 EET

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Just wondering if I understand this correctly. I making a loop based app for
> step sequencing. When I previously did this in Csound, I clocked it off a
> phasor, so the timing was sample accurate ( but that brought all it's own
> issues to be sure ). I'm wondering whether I should do the same thing in
> jack app, or use the jack transport clock, or some hybrid.

there was a proposal many (*many*) years ago from jesse chappell that
fully covered looping with JACK. it was never implemented. as it
stands, it is not possible to get seamless looping with jack
transport. in practice it might sound right for a given user with a
given set of clients, but change any aspect of the configuration and
it would no longer be seamless.