Re: [LAD] jack transport change accuracy for looping

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2011 - 19:34:44 EET

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Off the official ardourd-jack roadmap record, do you think there's a
> realistic chance of this still happening in the next few years? At least for
> Ardour? I might code such that I can use ardour with it when available if
> that's in the works because that would be super cool, but I totally get that
> it may be a very low priority for Ardour dev.

it has almost nothing to do with ardour. if it was implemented in jack
(all of the implementations), ardour would support it (it would take
about an hour of work to do so). right now, i can't say that i think
anything will or will not happen with JACK. there is nobody with
bandwidth or interest ... or so it seems.