Re: [LAD] sliders/fans

From: James Morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 14:05:02 EET

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:33:16 +0400
Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> For darktable we examined the slider from phat and created a similar
> new, more usable widget which combines a label and a slider. You can
> enter precise value after a right click inside the slider area, and
> you can use pretty much anything as displayed unit: %, ", dB, px...
> whatever. Here is an example:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/KvwjS.png
>
> The highlighted "-0.500" is where I right-clicked to enter precise
> value.

That looks interesting. I take it you removed the fan drawing code?

What about imprecise but fine grained adjustments?

If not, would adding a modifier such as [shift] for finer grained
movement of the slider be considered? It probably would be unimportant
for darktable, but in an audio application where adjustmented has
immediate affect on the audio stream it would certainly be useful.

(It was a feature requested during discussion on petri-foo-devel about
the phat fan sliders and the problems with converting them to cairo).

James.