Re: [LAD] "bleeding edge html5" has interesting Audio APIs

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 15:54:38 EET

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 03:33:16PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> Every time a developer uses a text entry widget next to a slider for
> entering precise value, god kills a kitten. Which means that half of
> linux audio developers are in charge for the kitten genocide :)

$GOD should kill the developer instead. Or at least send an electrical
discharge that wouild fry his/her computer and leave the developer
trembling and gasping for air for at least a few minutes.

> For darktable we examined the slider from phat and created a similar
> new, more usable widget which combines a label and a slider. You can
> enter precise value after a right click inside the slider area, and
> you can use pretty much anything as displayed unit: %, ", dB, px...
> whatever. Here is an example:

Not a real solution. You now have a value that is not represented
by a slider position. Touching the slider will destroy it with no
way to return to it except by typing the value again. There are
tricks to avoid that, but they introduce new problems.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.