Re: [LAD] Linux Audio Documentaion Effort : (Was "Question 0")

From: Sebastian Moors <mauser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2011 - 15:09:58 EET

Harry van Haaren wrote:
> About the workflow, I think you're right that more options for
> providing feedback would be better.
> Currently the "Author" of each tutorial has thier email address at the
> top, they could be the contacted
> point for improvements.. and then they can update the code.
>
> With the repo on Github you can indeed clone it, make local changes
> and then make a merge request. Perhaps a touch hard for the average
> beginner... if you want to take this approach, please do :)
>
> I'm open to suggestions on how to include more feedback, perhaps
> Flossmanuals.net isn't the best place for this kind of feedback, as
> its more a "book authoring" site than "documentation hosting"..
It would to be cool to have the tutorial available in github as well
(for sending patches), but i understand that working with an established
platform like Flossmanuals is easier (and that it might be hard to
include there the html code from a git repository).

One note concerning your examples: It might be better if you would
assign a unique number to each example. This helps a lot
to find the corresponding code example for a tutorial if the number of
examples grows.
Regards,
Sebastian