[LAD] LMMS Trippleoscillator, LV2/linuxVST-version possitiblity?

From: Gabbe Nord <gabbe.nord@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 03 2012 - 21:38:17 EET

Hello!

LMMS's Trippleoscillator is one of my favourite instruments on Linux, but
LMMS isn't my favourite pick of production tool. I've looked around and
noticed that it's only availible internally in LMMS, which poses some
difficulties since LMMS (to my knowledge) cannot be synced with jack-clock
and thus my favourite midi-tools. This is a problem for automating
filters/other parameters etc.

My question is, quite simply, since LMMS is FLOSS, would making
Trippleoscilator + perhaps other instruments in LMMS into plugins
(lv2/linuxVST) be a realistic possibility? Bear with me, I'm no developer
but merely a musician, so I really don't know what I'm asking/talking
about. But I have a firm belief that a plugin-version of these instruments,
usable in for example Ardour3 when that arrives, would make a great
addition to the Linux-musician community.

(ps. Is there anything similar already existing perhaps? ds.)