Re: [LAD] send midi message

From: Dan Muresan <danmbox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 13:33:09 EET

> I my case I want to have only a drum synth playing
> and controlling it with midi messages.
> I think that doing it with Jack would give me extra delay.

Well, Hydrogen doesn't seem to have Jack MIDI, so you couldn't control it
that way anyway. This is proof of the network effect -- the more existing
apps use Jack MIDI, the more attractive it becomes to new apps.

But in general, I don't see why two apps communicating over Jack MIDI would
encounter more delay compared to two apps communicating over ALSA MIDI.

-- Dan

--
Dan Muresan
http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~muresan/