Re: [LAD] send midi message

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 14:22:35 EET

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Dave Stikkolorum <davers@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Not the communication, but I think Hydrogen over jack has more delay then
> directly,
> but I don't know this for sure.

the use of JACK adds no delay.

http://jackaudio.org/faq

> Why is jack / or an other audio layer not completely integrated like in
> windows and mac os,

its not completely integrated on either of those platform. if you want
to route audio between applications on windows or OS X, guess what
your likely first choice technology is going to be?

also, because this is linux. there is nobody around to force such things.