[LAD] [OT] no more LJ monthly articles

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2012 - 02:13:50 EET

Greetings,

I've just received a notice from the Linux Journal that they will no
longer be running my monthly articles. I know that some people on this
list have enjoyed reading them, but alas, all things must end. I've been
invited to contribute full-length articles to the digital edition, which
I will do, but those articles will be available only to subscribers.

I have given some thought to collecting all my LJ articles to date (12+
years worth) and posting updated versions at linux-sound.org. However,
the work is non-trivial - it takes considerable time to research and
write those articles - and I have bills to pay. Other work for hire will
necessarily take precedence, meaning I'll probably teach more and
perform more often.

So, I hope you've enjoyed my work for LJ. Thanks for the reads, I've
enjoyed the writing.

Best,

dp