Re: [LAD] First release of zita-lrx

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2012 - 00:31:32 EET

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 05:09:23PM -0500, federico lopez wrote:

> I appreciate a lot this app.
> I work in live sound, as soon as I can I will test it in a big system.
>
> For now is compiled and working (Xubuntu 11.10) in a small yamaha system
> with a subwoofer, using example2.slrx.
>
> I have a question, żis there a posibility to change parametres when is
> running? like the delay time between bands or crossover frecuency? may
> be thru OSC?

Not with this version. It would be possible to add this, but
for this release I made a very clear decision to not make it
interactive. There are some good reasons for that:

- Avoiding problems: you don't want to send high level LF
  to your HF drivers by accident for example, something
  that would be all too easy to do from a GUI.

- Parameters such as the per frequency band delays are not
  determined interactively, they are a function of the
  physical properties of the speaker and are calculated
  rather than found by experiment.

That doesn't exclude any interactive version in the future
of course. OSC control would certainly be a possibility, it
will depend on demand from users. So I've set that counter
to +1 now...

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.