Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.5.4 - Echo Victor shouts out!

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 03 2012 - 07:43:47 EET

On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 18:17 +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> On 03/02/2012 05:41 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> >
> > One thing I've been wondering about... Could you please elaborate on
> > what exactly the --enable-lv2-state-files configure option is for? That
> > was marked as experimental in previous svn revisions, and is one of the
> > very few options which are disabled by default.
> >

> it is disabled like so because current implementation is fubar on qtractor
>
> a not so short answer: the lv2-state-files extension feature it's all
> about making lv2 plugin full state serialized through session data files
> and folders, porbably making it all portable across machines and stuff.
> ardour might work this way (all session media adata is under a session
> directory), but qtractor doesn't (all media files are links to anywhere
> on your file-system, until you the user say he/she wants to store them
> later in a .qtz zip/archive, being that an option, not the norm)

Well, sort of. The file features are to support plugins that save state
with files. The "how" part is up to the host, you would need that
functionality either way.

As for qtractor's implementation, the next version of Lilv will have a
state API baked in, so (presumably) it will just move to that.

-dr