Re: [LAD] Getting jack samplerate and buffersize with portaudio.

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2012 - 01:55:28 EET

If your using *just* the PortAudio API, you can't call any of the JACK API
calls.
PortAudio will provide your program with what "PaStreamParameters" you give
it. This means that PortAudio will do resampling of audio to the samplerate
that your program opened the stream with... kind of a different concept to
JACK.

In short with PortAudio, you tell it what sampRate & bufSize you want, it
takes care of providing that to you.
JACK tells you to run @ sampRate = x & bufSize = y, and that's that.

I'll advise if your working on a pro audio application to program to JACK,
and not PortAudio. Reasons: it provides MIDI sample accurate with audio,
gives much more "pro" api, no sample rate conversions, no bloat, just pure
JACK :)

-Harry