Re: [LAD] Getting jack samplerate and buffersize with portaudio.

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2012 - 01:55:37 EET

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 05:38:10PM -0500, Rafael Vega wrote:

> Hello. I'm using portaudio19 to write an app that connects to jack (and
> alsa) and I can't find anywhere in the portaudio api a way to ask jack
> for the current samplerate and buffersize.
>
> żAm I missing something obvious?
>
> żDo I have to use the jack api to get these params and then be able to
> use the portaudio api for starting a stream, implementing the audio
> callback, etc?

Portaudio's Jack support is completely borked. If you do not
intend to use its cross-platform features, please spare us
the misery of yet another Linux app using it.

Just use Jack's native API. When you've got that working, and
you want ALSA as well, use the zita-alsa-pcmi library. This
will allow you to share 99% of your code for ALSA and Jack.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.