Re: [LAD] Non Session Management

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2012 - 17:42:55 EET

On 03/22/2012 02:52 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM, rosea.grammostola
> <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> JackSession seems to be an option
>

> JackSession is merged in JACK. No external dependencies, if all other
> session management systems would integrate with it, then the problem
> would be solved. I appreciate that there are things that JackSession
> cannot currently do, but IMO there's a lot to be gained from widespread
> adopting of JackSession.
>
> When I find time to implement restoring sessions in Luppp, the
> functionality will be available trough JackSession.

And what if there is no real objection towards NSM from within the
community and what if the JS devs tell you that they have no time or
motivation to really develop or stimulate development of JackSession?
Isn't is possible then that the community more or less decides that one
option is better then the other?
Or is someone else willing to maintain JackSession from now on?

NSM doesn't depend on JACK, how bad is that really? At least one benefit
seems to be that apps like non-mixer are also supported now. And even
apps without JACK support, (all though I can't find a situation at this
moment in time where this can be useful).

In my view all depends on the vision of the LAD community. I just tried
NSM yesterday, but what if it's the best solution overall? That's
possible right, that someone suddenly comes up with the best solution so
far. If NSM is that best solution, we might go for it. Otherwise we have
to think about keeping JackSession alive.

Harry, maybe it's good to give NSM a shot and/ or to comment on the API.

\r