Re: [LAD] LV2 specification packaging

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2012 - 00:18:48 EET

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 05:27:14PM -0400, David Robillard wrote:

> In other words, perhaps a decentralized specification is a failed idea,
> and we don't actually want to encourage independent
> extension /publication/. You're still free to actually design and
> implement features with no centralized authority, but if you want it to
> actually be implemented by others, it should move in to LV2 proper when
> it's ready.
>
> It is with reluctance that I admit this, but that seems to be the
> conclusion of the experiment.

Found this in my spam folder some days ago:

Loony Vacations 2 - The next generation Holiday experience.

We at Loony Vacations 2 offer a unique holiday formula.
When you become a member of our customer society, you can
book a trip to any of our holiday resorts, and stay there
for as long as you care. And what's more, you only pay once,
and only for the Experiences you want. All our resorts provide
basic accomodation - a dorm with bunk beds. Everything else
you want you specify in the list of Experiences for which you
are prepared to pay. Actually, when you book a trip to any
of our resorts, there is no guarantee that all the Experiences
you want will be available there, and you only know when you
arrive. That should not spoil your holiday, just make the best
of it. We have no control over the resort owners, they offer
what they are best at. Also, some Experiences may be change
over time. For example the 'Italian Wines' Experience was not
very popular, and therefore it was recently replaced by the
'Belgian Beers' one - offering our customers who like wines
an unique opportunity to discover something new. Of course,
you can always build your own resort, with all the Experiences
you like, and we will be happy to add it to our offer. Also,
we don't discriminate against any of our clients. Your fellow
holiday makers may be hooligans that stay drunk all day and
keep you awake at night. That's not really a problem, we try
to be a happy community anyway. We are looking forward to take
care of your next holiday !

Ciao,

--
FA