Re: [LAD] Non Session Management

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 25 2012 - 13:44:02 EEST

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 03:35:15AM -0400, Tim E. Real wrote:

> Our MusE allows running without Jack, using a dummy audio driver and
> ALSA for midi. Some folks run it that way.

For me, _not_ depending on Jack and _not_ trying to manage Jack
itself (except for making connections between managed apps) are
really essential requirements for a session manager.

The first because apps that don't use Jack should be able to
be 'full members' of a session.

The second because in all setups I run there are some Jack apps
which are logically not part of the session, they just run all
the time. Starting a new session should not affect them - ever.

There is zero chance that will ever add JS support to any of
my apps. But I'm seriously considering NSM now.

Ciao,

--
FA