Re: [LAD] LV2-C++-Tools

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 25 2012 - 18:42:53 EEST

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 10:34 PM, David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> "Shared data plus locking" is a pretty crap model in general, really.
> When people talk about all the complications that threads introduce,
> they're really talking about this. Shared mutable state is the cancer
> of multi-threaded programming.

I'm very interested in the various "paradigms" or patterns of programming
RT safe applications. I've done a bit of reading on the topic, and am
concidering doing my Final Year project based around the concept of
multi-threaded RT safe data storage / retrieval & inter thread
communication.

Idea's for further research, books, papers etc etc all welcome. At this
time I'm thinking about a good title for the paper, and what exactly would
be most interesting to focus on having a perspective as an LAD... :)
-Harry