Re: [LAD] Non Session Management

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 13:33:57 EEST

On 03/29/2012 01:25 PM, thijs van severen wrote:

> 2012/3/29 rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>>
>
> On 03/29/2012 01:16 PM, thijs van severen wrote:
>

> 2012/3/29 rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>>>
>

> On 03/29/2012 12:29 PM, thijs van severen wrote:
>

> 2012/3/29 Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>>
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden.
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden____com
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>>>>
>

> my 2 cents from user perspective: I know where I save my
> files, I know
> where my sample collections are. i know that if i
> delete my
> sample
> collection, sessions won't load. i don't need any
> program to
> tell me
> that.
>
> in fact, in using FL Studio or Cubase or LMMS you
> have the same
> situation. a project can use same files as another
> project
> and if you
> damage those files - well, sorry.
>
> I do not see any reason for complications in session
> manager
> design. i
> agree with david, all of this is unnecessary and
> only will
> make NSM a
> session manager developers would be reluctant to adopt.
>
> louigi verona.
>
> On 3/29/12, rosea.grammostola
> <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>>
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@>__gm__ail.com <http://gmail.com>
>
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>>>> wrote:
> > On 03/24/2012 11:09 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> >

> >> 3. Clearly defining the way an app should behave w.r.t. its
> >> File menu entries (when managed). This is quite intrusive
> >> to existing clients, but it is IMHO absolutley essential.
> >> Kudos to the designer(s) for the having the courage to do
> >> this instead of allowing application developers to take
> >> the 'least effort' way (which would of course be better
> >> marketing, but invite later misery).
> >
> > How easy or how difficult is it compared to JackSession for
> example, to
> > add NSM support to an application?
> >
> > Is it possible to have NSM and JackSession support in one
> application?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > \r
>

> wasnt there a link somewhere in this mail thread about a
> [...]

We use a very old tool: dialogue, discussion and argumentation. :)

Another one: try out and find the pros and cons yourself

Sharing of user and developer experiences

Then there is the NSM API documentation and the JackSession documentation.

But if you want to make such a matrix, go ahead, but it might be harder
to put it in a matrix then it looks at first sight.

\r