Re: [LAD] Possible gpl validation

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 29 2012 - 19:33:03 EEST

2012/4/29 hermann <brummer-@web.de>:

> This is the second time this guy distribute sticks wich binary s and he
> claim that he didn't need to provide the source. That is, what he
> understand under the GPL.

As I understood the GPL, he/she doesn't have to offer the source code
to non-customers.
( GPL can be used commercially. )

But in the FAQ they say :
"
If you commercially distribute binaries not accompanied with source
code, the GPL says you must _ provide a written offer _ to distribute
the source code later. When users non-commercially redistribute the
binaries they received from you, they must pass along a copy of this
written offer.

This means that people who did not get the binaries directly from you
can still receive copies of the source code, along with the written
offer.
"

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

--