Re: [LAD] Possible gpl validation

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 29 2012 - 23:44:04 EEST

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 11:07 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:41 AM, hermann <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone here on the list knowing what is to do now, what could we do
> > to make the provider aware that he must offer the source in the same way
> > then the binary's,
>
> this part is not quite true. its generally accepted that as long as
> the source is freel available from an identifiable online location,
> then notifying people who received the binaries of their rights and
> the location from which the source can be obtained is sufficient *if
> there are no modifications*

I agree with Paul. He's got all of the included package's web site
links on his web site. If you want to duplicate what he's done you can
just jump to all of those links, get all the source code, and build it
yourself. Thirty bucks doesn't sound like too high a price to avoid the
headaches though (assuming it works ;-)

Jan