Re: [LAD] SMPTE and jackd

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri May 11 2012 - 19:56:01 EEST

PS: FWIW in my post from 2008 I described that I could use Ardour with
equipment from the 80s to sync by MTC, even if there was a drawback.

You can run in strange situations, e.g.

"Very strange is, that the Yamaha RX 21 can be slave of Rosegarden, but
the Atari ST can't be slave of Rosegarden, even if the Atari can be
slave of Ardour." -
http://www.linux-archive.org/64-studio-user/178162-ultimate-mtc-test-take-1-a.html

So what should be the doorstopper? For me Rosegarden and the RX 21 are
less useful than Atari Cubase and Ardour are, for somebody else this
could be different. None of those 4 things is crap.

Apologize, this was my last spam.