Re: [LAD] First release of jack_export

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 13 2012 - 15:52:44 EEST

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 08:39:18AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > 2. Run jack_export. See --help for options. The --chan option is mandatory.
> >   E.g.
> >
> >   jack_export --chan 16 my16channelfile.wav
> >
> >   Jack_export will connect to the 'export' bus if it exists, and print
>
> is there a difference between this and
>
> jack_capture --channels=16--port=ardour:export/out\* my16channelfile.wav

AFAIK, jack_capture records in real time. Jack_export records while
Ardour is in freewheeling mode during exporting, so it's usually
'faster than real time'.

Also, jack_export will ceate a proper WAVEX file (standard WAV must
not be used for > 2 channels) or CAF, or Ambisonic WAVEX, and provide
different output formats and optional dithering.

Ciao,

--
FA