Re: [LAD] [LAU] Linux Audio 2012: Is Linux Audio moving forward?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 01:48:50 EEST

Replying to nobody in particular but perhaps bringing some new things to
the table:

I feel there's a lot going on "just-under-the-surface" of what most of us
know about. I presume not everybody here is aware of the advances FAUST has
recently made in DomainSpecificLanguage technology. Similary I'm sure
there's other projects having successes that I'm not aware of (despite
being subscribed to all linux-audio feeds I know exist :) So are these
"under-the-surface" technologies and workflows going to arise into public
knowledge? If so, how?

The other things I feel is necessary is to bundle the community together:
We need to agree on one place to post information: a central hub for
linux-audio.

This location needs to have a certain appeal for newcomers, where
inspiration strikes: "YES! With those tools I can achieve exactly what I've
wanted for years!!" says the now enthusiastic and ISO downloading newcomer.

-Harry