Re: [LAD] Is Linux audio moving forward - some very personal notes

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2012 - 14:14:08 EEST

On 10/11/2012 01:09 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> The HW situation has been mentioned. Honestly, I wouldn't know
> where to go if RME went away. Almost everything I've been doing
> the last years has not only used their HW, but depended on it -
> no alternatives.

JFTR, I've seen ardour running on an Audinate Dante PCIe card last
summer at musikmesse. They have made a proprietary Linux driver to drive
their WFS systems. Unfortunately, I forgot the company's name, all I know
is it wasn't IOSONO.

Though proprietary drivers are clearly nothing one should wish for, it
seems there's at least something going on in network-driven audio.

Intel has recently released an Open-AVB stack, and we'll discuss
jackd integration any time soon.

   https://github.com/intel-ethernet/Open-AVB

Last not least, the RAVENNA camp has stuff ready that might benefit from
Intel's recent kernel changes. Florian Faber has (unreleased) RAVENNA-jackd
integration, and you can buy RAVENNA-enabled audio gear from
directout.eu.

Just my €0.02