Re: [LAD] ANN: convoLV2 0.2

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2012 - 16:04:04 EEST

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 12:41:45PM +0200, Tom Szilagyi wrote:

> I use IR almost daily on quite sophisticated A2 projects with more
> than 10 IR instances on a 4-core machine. I'm quite puzzled by your
> remark because I don't really experience any crashes I can relate to
> IR. (yes, A2 crashes sometimes, but it is seemingly due to my heavy
> use of editing features, since it never crashes when
> instantiating/adjusting IR, only when I edit regions and do other
> stuff.)

Exactly the same here (not using the LV2 but jconvolver).

Another example. Although the system is officially still
'experimental', Italian radio is now routinely using the
Eigenmic for live broadcasts of concerts. Which probably
means they trust the mic and the software used to process
its signals in real time. This now uses zita-convolver,
doing 32 * 16 simultaneuous convolutions on a Macbook,
the same which at the same time also runs their DAW, and
various other software such as a panoramic video display
which has the moving spot mic directions generated by the
convolutions superimposed on it. They now have several
hundreds of hours using the system, and the convolution
processor has never failed (other parts have). And yes,
the processsor does use multiple partition sizes and
threads.

Ciao,

--
FA