Re: [LAD] ANN: convoLV2 0.2

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2012 - 16:48:21 EEST

On 10/21/2012 12:41 PM, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> On 20 October 2012 19:45, Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
[..]
>> 3) IR.LV2 spawns its own threads (for loading and processing IRs and
>> also inside libzita-convolver). The threading seems to be responsible
>> for most of the crashes of IR.LV2 that I experience)
>
> I use IR almost daily on quite sophisticated A2 projects with more
> than 10 IR instances on a 4-core machine. I'm quite puzzled by your
> remark because I don't really experience any crashes I can relate to
> IR.

The crashes here are not related to convolution engine, but likely
because of IR.LV2's background configuration thread. I only get crashes
when it's recalculation envelopes or re-loading IR files. It is not
always reproducible and it's hard to get a backtrace when it's running
inside Ardour. I can try with jalv.gtk.

Once it's running and I don't change parameters it is stable.

I'm using ir.lv2-1.3.1 with libzita-convolver-3.0.1 (both from debian).
I've only just seen that 1.3.2 is out; yet my production machine is
squeeze with gtk-2.X, so I can't upgrade easily, but I'll recompile it
at the next convenient update breakpoint.

ciao,
robin