Re: [LAD] [ANN] Radium V1.9.1

From: Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 11 2012 - 20:31:13 EET

On 11.11.2012 18:57, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/11/2012 06:55 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:
>>
>>> Going through my sample collection in the sample player makes
>>> radium
>>> hang after the third or fourth sample..
>>
>> What exactly do you do? Does pressing the down key 3-4 times in a
>> folder
>> of flac sound files cause the program to hang?
>>

> Click on track header -> Create new sample player. Navigate to
> folder, single click a few to audition them. On the third auditioning
> it hangs..
>

>>> Let's see if I can get a
>>> trace. I did, but it doesn't tell me too much..
>>>
>>> file: Pressed "Kick06.flac............2ch, 20kB"
>>> Header id says it is not an xi instrument: "fLaC".
>>> Num channels: 2
>>>
>>> [Here it hangs]
>>>

>> Maybe you could send your samples privately. I've tried
>> to reproduce by browsing some flac files, but it doesn't hang
>> here.
>
> These samples are included in the renoise demo download..
>
> http://files.renoise.com/demo/Renoise_2_8_1_Demo_x86_64.tar.bz2
>
> in the Kicks folder..

Thank you. I can reproduce that. But it's only happen for certain
samples,
and it doesn't matter how many you have already played before. Try to
open
Kick06.flac directly, and it will freeze. As far as I can see, it's
either something wrong with Kick06.flac, or something wrong with
libsndfile,
or I've misunderstood how libsndfile works.
sf_readf_float returns 0 before the file is fully read, which it should
not.
I've cc-ed Erik de Castro Lopo. Hopefully he can shed some light on
this.

It's simple to workaround this though. I'll push a new version now.

> Flo
>
> P.S.: How to disconnect two nodes in the audio routing window? :D

There is a "Help" button in the upper right corner. It says that you
can
either shift+click a connection, or middle-click a connection.