Re: [LAD] [ANN] Radium V1.9.1

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 11 2012 - 20:57:10 EET

On 11/11/2012 07:31 PM, Kjetil Matheussen wrote:

>> http://files.renoise.com/demo/Renoise_2_8_1_Demo_x86_64.tar.bz2
>>
>> in the Kicks folder..
>>
> These samples are included in the renoise demo download..
>
> Thank you. I can reproduce that. But it's only happen for certain
> samples,
> and it doesn't matter how many you have already played before. Try to
> open
> Kick06.flac directly, and it will freeze. As far as I can see, it's
> either something wrong with Kick06.flac, or something wrong with
> libsndfile,
> or I've misunderstood how libsndfile works.
> sf_readf_float returns 0 before the file is fully read, which it
> should not.
> I've cc-ed Erik de Castro Lopo. Hopefully he can shed some light on this.
>
> It's simple to workaround this though. I'll push a new version now.

OK, cool. Thanks :D Another tiny issue: It seems to me that the sample
auditioning seems to play the sample twice the first time one clicks it.
The second time one clicks it it gets played only once.. Maybe it's just
the first buffer of it repeated. I use a large period size in jack and
maybe that's why it's audible (2048 frames).

To reproduce:

Create a new sample player
Navigate to some folder containing .wavs with a sharp attach (to make it
audible)
Single click a sample (attack gets played twice - a slight "stutter" is
audible)
Single click the same sample again (it plays fine now)

Flo

P.S.: Another question: Is there a way to loop a pattern?