Re: [LAD] jack_delay internal latency

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 07 2012 - 23:33:20 EET

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 05:04:58PM -0200, Rodrigo T O Ladeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I connect IN and OUT of the jack_delay in jack, the measure is 1.33ms,
> Can I assume that this latency is internal of the jack_delay?? I my mind
> the measure is to be near 0ms ...

You seem to be using a period size of 64 frames @ 48 kHz, or 128 frames
@ 96 kHz.

If you connect the jack_delay output to its input, then jack_delay gets
the output signal it generates in any particular period as the input in
the *next* period. So you will measure one period delay in that case.

Ciao,

--
FA